Friday, May 14, 2010

Cinco, Cinco, Cinco de Mayo.

Hello! I hope you're all doing well! I hope your Cinco de Mayo festivities were crazy! I couldn't go out on the actual day, but I did make it a point to go to the Cinco de Mayo street festival on Cherokee. This street has a major Mexican presence, so it has a lot of mexican restaurants, grocery stores and everything is written in spanish & english. It was so fun! They had live music, a mechanical bull and some really cool sreet artists.
cinco 2
cinco 3
cinco 4
cinco 5
Yummm mango on a stick.
cinco 6
Some woman brought her parrot.....
cinco 7
So has anyone ever heard of a Buddamaneerattanaram Temple? I dare you to try and say it five times fast.
cinco 8
cinco 9
cinco 10
That churro made my day.
cinco 11
cinco 12
Someone decorated the top of their bike like a camel!
cinco 13
cinco 14
If you're ever in the area, head to Diana's Bakery; the churros are fantastic, and from what I've heard the other baked goods are delicious.
I basically live on this street; I went shopping there on monday, and again on wednesday(had a churro both times....so much for moderation lol). And I got the best tortata ever at the cutest place I've ever seen! I'll definitely have to show you next time.
xoxo Julianne

No comments:

Post a Comment