Sunday, August 22, 2010

Kansai Yamamoto

I've been literally obsessed with japanese fashion recently, trying to research as many designers as possible. Kansai Yamamoto certainly leaves me speechless. He was a major player in the revival of classic japanese fashion and worshipped by david bowie(more info here).

kansai 2

kansai 4



kansai 3

kansai 1


"He has an unusual face, don't you think? He's neither man nor woman. If you see what I mean; which suited me as a designer because most of my clothes are for either sex. I love his music and obviously that has influenced my designs but most of all there's this aura of fantasy that surrounds him. He has flair."

- Kansai Yamamoto (June 1973)

I'm hoping to do some sort of fashion history/new designer piece weekly maybe? I'm hungry for more information....need to go to the library asap.

xoxo julianne

1 comment: