Monday, August 16, 2010

Pussy cat having a nose bleed? Big Red? Shark week? Aunt ruby in town?

Hello! I hope everyone had a relaxing weekend. Saturday I checked out some flea markets and yielded a few new jewels. Yesterday was a pretty lazy sunday, highlighted by some churros and a new pair gloves. I really love churros; the bakery happens to be near some great vintage shops which works out perfectly. I picked up some elbow length lace gloves for $12 bucks that I'm in love with, which will be great for fall and winter.
Today's post is centered around the website YesStyle. YesStyle is a hong kong based website, I believe, which carries different designers from all around asia. Since they're asian brands they seem to carry a lot of offbeat things that aren't so mainstream in the US. My favorite section to look through is definitley the shoe section. Hands down, the hardest thing about being vegan is finding well designed, quality shoes. I would love some Jeffrey Campbells every season but since I don't wear leather thats not really an option. YesStyle's got a stellar selection of gorgeous shoes that don't use leather that I'm super excited about. I ordered a few things a couple weeks ago which should be here soon, so I can't vouch for quality just yet, but the designs definitley win me over. Here are some that I'm lusting over for this season!
1. I'm really digging chunky heels and statement shoes for fall, and in red these would add a perfect punch of color to my usual monochrome outfits. I can imagine wearing them with a killer LBD for a great night look. I also really like them in black. Taghrid is wearing them here.
Lily Strap Shoe by ZAHIR, $85
zahir strappy sandals 2
zahir strappy sandals 1
zahir strappy sandals 3
2. I admit, as much as I love skyscraper heels I usually end up wearing wedges for the sake of comfort. Luckily wedges are a huge trend this season, so the options are nearly endless. I really like these because they're not too high, but will add a few inches, perfect for day wear. I'm suprised at how much I like the cream ones... I tend to be leaning toward white hues much more this season.
Kvoll Ankle Wedge, $38.
kvoll studded wrap ankle denim wedges 1
kvoll studded wrap ankle denim wedges 2
3. I have been wanting a pair of Ann D's for a while now, after seeing them on Jane and Karla's blogs. But unfortunately with their $1k price tags, I don't see them anywhere in my near future. So I've been shopping around for some look alikes and I love these. I don't know what color I'd go for, I like both the black and white( another brand, Sunbijou, also has coco and beige options for near the same price).
Lace Up Boots by Miss Hong, $78.
miss hong lace up boots 1
miss hong lace up boots 2
4. For some reason these caught my eye, most likely because of the powder blue color and the chunkiness of the heel. These are very similar to the Zahirs, except for the excessive bows, which I would probably trim off a bit.... its a little tooo much for me. But I really really like these, especially in the white.
miz shoes beribboned accent platform sandals 1
miz shoes beribboned accent platform sandals 2
5. These loafers are probably my favorite, by far. I'm really into menswear inspired pieces right now and I love the old school vibe these posess. The little details at the toe and the bubble gum hue kill me. I would wear these everyday.
Orientation tomorrow.... I can't believe senior year is coming already. Off to watch WEEDS... about 9 episodes of season 5 to go, then I'm all caught up for season 6 premiere tonight!
xoxo julianne

p.s. I'm dying over these celine wedges. mint green is my obsession, for sure.

taghrid bead wedges a la celine

taghrid

5 comments:

  1. 1st shoes are awesome! so sweet :)
    have a nice week!
    kisses
    DaisyLine from http://daisyline.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome shoes. I cant wait ti hear the review when they arrive. Love the wedges xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMFG , awesome shoes ! I want the same ! :o

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh, shoes. I love shoes a ridiculous amount. And. Those black sandals, I want.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all so perfect! I love love love those heeled boots espesh. Panda xx

    ReplyDelete